Monday - Friday: 9.30 am to 6.00 pm,
Saturday - By Prior Appointment
Unit 3, Wilmington Cl, Watford WD18 0AF
Posted On July 19, 2019 macsclinic

Do I need to see a specialist?

Your GP will usually refer you to see a specialist so that:

  • The diagnosis of CRPS can be confirmed.
  • Other causes for your symptoms can be ruled out.
  • You can be helped with a treatment plan to control the difficult symptoms, including pain and distress.
  • Treatment to keep you as active as possible can be provided, including physiotherapy.

If your symptoms are more severe and don’t improve with treatment then you may need to be referred to a Pain Clinic or another specialised unit for further treatments. Because of the different symptoms with CRPS, you may need to see other teams of doctors too, such as:

  • A bone specialist (orthopaedic specialist).
  • A bone and joint specialist (rheumatologist).
  • A nerve specialist (neurologist).
  • A skin specialist (dermatologist).

Posted On July 19, 2019 macsclinic

Free video/face to face consultation

with consultant plastic surgeon

Book Now

Insurance recognition